If you want to change how you feel, the most important thing to know is who is responsible for your emotions in general and your happiness in particular. Many of us often find ourselves saying, “He made me angry”, “She really really upset me” and so on. This shows you have given control of your happiness, your emotions and therefore your life to someone else.
If you want to be happy, you have to take control of your own happiness. There are times in all our lives that make us feel miserable – a sudden death, career slump, a relationship gone bad, family conflicts and so on. You have to learn to have the courage to take back control of your life and your happiness. Happyho also provide best Meditation classes and yoga classes in Noida and Delhi NCR India area.
A few tips here are:
- Get rid of ‘poor me’ syndrome and stop feeling sorry about yourself. Once you become self-positive, you would have changed tracks already.
- Don’t let failure convince you to quit. Be firm that you have chosen the path of happiness and keep walking on it.
- Stop putting your happiness in the hands of others. Why did he/she do this to me or did not do this for me is something that you have to get rid of as soon as possible.
- Do things that make you happy. Be it music, travel, swimming or anything else. They make you happy not only when you are doing these things, but also make you a happier person.
- Visit an orphanage, read to seniors, or simply spend time with your ageing parents! You would sleep lighter and wake up happier.
- Find solutions. Be it a dissatisfying job or a relationship go haywire – moping never solved things.
- And if you cannot find a solution, move on. Let go. Take a pause and choose carefully before taking the next leap.
- Don’t try to be a martyr and try to make others happy at the cost of your own happiness. It makes no one happy – as the people you do it for are also responsible for their own happiness.
- Try new things – it makes you feel involved, excited and happier. While buying something new has a short term effect, trying or doing something new boosts the way you feel.
- Physical activity releases endorphins and serotonin in your brain — chemicals that make you feel good and love life.
- Sleep well.If you wake up happy, you have already set the tone of the day.
- Express yourself. No one can read your mind. And at the same time remember, that you are not a mind reader either.
- Live in the present.
- And if nothing else seems to be working, fake happiness. After some time you feel your spirits lifting.