All set for a fabulous Christmas Party in the office or neighbourhood? Followed by New Year Celebrations. Go for it. These are the occasions to enjoy, put your hair down and live it up.
But once have ushered in New Year in style, it’s time to get your body rid of all the toxins you might have taken in knowingly and unknowingly. You must promise complete wellness to yourself in 2016. Emotional wellbeing and physical health leading to infinite happiness!
Detox makes you feel good and positive things happen when you are feeling positive. Complete wellness has a direct impact on various aspects of your life be it physical or emotional. For instance it leads to better relationships, better productivity at work, a new found zest for life, healthier you, youthfulness, energy boost, a glowing skin, stronger immune system and shedding of excess weight.
Post party detox, most importantly works towards removing fogginess and making you think clearly, which is the beginning of a lot of positive changes. It makes sense, since many of the sugar-filled and fat-filled foods that we intake in parties make us feel lethargic and impact the quality of our thinking.
Why is post party detox important?
In the normal course of time, if we take good care of ourselves, the body detoxes itself. This is how the body works:
It is the intake of artificially flavoured and coloured processed foods and alcoholic and non-alcoholic artificially flavoured, toxic and high calorie food that makes the job of detoxing difficult for liver. Add to it the air we breathe in at the time of festivities usually loaded with smoke and claustrophobic.
When we take in all these toxins, we create problems for ourselves as our body is not designed to deal with them. Hence the need for detox. There are a number of detox diets that are sure to help but should only be implemented under able guidance.
Here is a simple Happy Ho post party detox routine. This detox routine has been designed to promote the intake of food and beverages that are either useful in flushing out toxins or the building blocks of our body cells.
- Commit to you detox: having a cup of green tea in the morning is not enough. Commit that you would work towards your detox for a week to flush out your liver and give your system rest. For it to work, you have to be committed
- Drink water: First prerequisite of a good detox is drinking a lot of water. Two litres of water a day is what the experts advise. It keeps you hydrated, flushes your toxins, and makes you feel better
- Eat Protein. But do not go overboard on red meat. If the protein is lacking, your body draws on protein from liver. Important thing is not to go overboard and have protein from right sources – for instance white meat, fish, eggs, beans and pulses
- Avoid white carbs. Breads and refined flour are a big no-no. Go for complex carbohydrates like wholegrain cereals and potatoes. These are a good source of vitamins, minerals and fibre. Have them in small portions. They also help in controlling hunger pangs and maintain blood sugar levels.
- Reduce Salt intake. High salt intake hinders the body’s ability to flush out water making you feel bloated. It also hinders the elimination of toxins. Have less salt. Perhaps, you would want to have some of it added to your bathing water instead for getting relief from aches and pains.
- Eat Regularly. Detox does not mean starving yourself. Have at least three small meals a day and supplement them with intake of fruits, salads and healthy snacks. The last meal of the day should be taken at least two hours before you go to bed.
- Increase intake of antioxidants. Tomatoes, grapes, avocado, pomegranates, broccoli, beetroot and berries are high in antioxidants and help in detox process. They are known to restore your auto-immune system.
- Want tea? Go green. Caffeine should be avoided in the detox process. If you are a tea/coffee addict – go for green and decaf options. While green tea can be had a couple of times in a day – Coffee, even the decaf one should be restricted to once a day.
- Walk for at least 20 minutes. Helps in body circulation, lifts you mood, helps body’s metabolism and makes you ready for your detox diet.
- It helps in rejuvenating our mind and body. Removes stress, reduces withdrawal symptoms if any, makes us happier and enables detox plan work faster.Happyho also provide best tarot reading services in Noida and Delhi NCR India area.