We are living in the 21st century, where the world is full of chaos, with issues and multiple problems surrounding us constantly. In such a dreadful scenario, it is not only our physical health that suffers, but also our mental health. Whether noticed or not, our mind and body’s well-being goes through a lot of challenges as the clock ticks each day. And if these challenges are not addressed, it can lead to severe diseases in the future.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to take thorough care of our mental and physical health. And this is where yoga and meditation step in! The application of these two as a daily physical practice has been quite popular since ancient times and is considered to be a perfect solution for all sorts of problems occurring in the human body.
Meditation & yoga are not new to India. What is new is the interest shown in it by the younger generations and the popular media. As per the studies, regular practice of yoga and meditation alleviate stress and anxiety. It also has a direct impact on physiological factors such as blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen consumption. The sum total of which is achieving of happiness!
According to the Ananda Organization, “Yoga means union. Etymologically, it is connected to the English word, yoke. Yoga means union with God, or, union of the little, ego-self with the divine Self, the infinite Spirit.
Most people in the West, and also many in India, confuse yoga with Hatha Yoga, the system of bodily postures. But yoga is primarily a spiritual discipline.
Not that there’s anything wrong with practicing Hatha Yoga. The body is a part of our human nature, and must be kept fit so it doesn’t obstruct our spiritual efforts. However, those who are focused on self-realization do not necessarily have to practice it as much or at all.
Yoga is an art as well as a science. It is a science, because it offers practical methods for controlling body and mind, thereby making deep meditation possible. And it is an art, for unless it is practiced intuitively and sensitively it will yield only superficial results.”
Meditation is an adventurous route to self-discovery as it escalates the awareness of that which is essentially happening in front of your own eyes. With meditation you are able to reconnect with your inner soul and essence. The connection affects one’s daily life, automatically resulting in increased creativity, improved health, fulfilling relationships, and enthusiasm for life.
Yoga and meditation can be practiced in isolation, or one can opt for meditative yoga. In meditative yoga, meditation is combined with yoga routines – in it controlled breathing is used in all the yoga poses.
Even if practiced in isolation both yoga and meditation have their benefits – both psychological and physiological. Here are a few to start with:
Physiological Benefits of Yoga (as per the American Osteopathic Association)
- increased flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- improved respiration, energy and vitality
- maintaining a balanced metabolism
- weight reduction
- cardio and circulatory health
- improved athletic performance
- protection from injury
Psychological Benefits of Yoga
- moves you from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system, or from flight-or-flight to rest-and-digest.
- builds self-confidence
- helps you learn to breathe, both literally and metaphorically
- makes you more mindful
- helps relieve stress and anxiety
Physiological & Psychological Benefits of Meditation
- a healthier stronger heart
- a better functioning and more resilient immunity system
- better controlled stress and anxiety
- enhanced quality of sleeping
- improved memory retention
- lowered blood pressure
- relieving symptoms of irritable bowel system
- improving levels of happiness and general well-being
Happy Ho (Noida) has a number of mindfulness and yoga solutions for individuals. We have a few exclusive solutions keeping Singles in mind!
- 10 days Meditation & Yoga camp
- Seven day Mindfulness course (morning & evening)
- Weekend Meditation course
- In Sync: A mind & body course
- Happiness Within Yourself: A 10 day Meditation and Yoga session with guest lectures
Our experts will teach you the correct method of performing both yoga and meditation and help you reap the most of their psychological and physiological benefits! So what are you waiting for? Book your session at Happy Ho (Noida) now!