Danish people have been voted the happiest people in the world a remarkable number of times in the last 40 years. It can be attributed to a number of things – most important perhaps being right and HAPPY parenting.
The same is captured in a wonderful book The Danish Way of Parenting: A Guide to Raising the Happiest Children in the World. Danish psychotherapist and American author, Sandahl and Alexander, have come together to write this book and share convincing research and experience. The book brings forth some powerful findings bringing forth the importance of Danish Way of parenting and its impact on happiness levels in that country. Happyho also provide best tarot reading services in Noida and Delhi NCR India area.
A few amazing takeaways from the book:
- First and foremost, I think we must remain calm as parents and try not to lose control of ourselves. For how can we expect our kids to control themselves if we can’t do it? That seems unfair.
- Happy kids grow up to make happy adults who make happy kids and so on
- Sometimes we forget that parenting, like love, is a verb. It takes effort and work to yield positive returns. There is an incredible amount of self-awareness involved in being a good parent. It requires us to look at what we do when we are tired and stressed and stretched to our limits. These actions are called our default settings. Our default settings are the actions and reactions we have when we are too tired to choose a better way.
- Most of our default settings are inherited from our own parents. They are ingrained and programmed into us like a motherboard on a computer. They are the factory settings we return to when we are at our wit’s end and not thinking and they have been installed into us from our upbringing.
- Is there a greater gift you can give to your children and your children’s children than to grow up to be happier, more secure and resilient adults? We don’t think so.