When we hear that a couple lives 3000 kms away or 11 time zones apart, our first instinct to offer sympathy. But have we ever considered the benefits this couple is going to reap because of this very long distance relationship? Let’s look at a few of them:
- For the relationship to work, both parties must be equally committed or else the arrangement won’t work. The kind of sincerity and effort it encourages one to put in is endearing. It often brings the best out of someone. Happyho also provides best Meditation and Tarot classes in Noida and Delhi NCR India area
- Long distance relationships are a lesson in effective communication. One does not assume the other person to simply read their minds over call or a Skype conversation. They accept that they will have to describe their days, as well as their desires, in text and images. They can’t help but do that thing that holds couples together: communicate.
- These relationships force one to be independent. We all know of people who lose themselves when in a relationship and simply become an extension of their partner. Couples in a long distance rarely face that problem because they share different zip codes. They can simply preserve their spark while dating someone. They have their own social circle, jobs and places to hang out at.
- Both parties get plenty of “me” time! They might feel slight lonely sometimes but it might just be better than suffocating each other with constant presence.
- They never have to find out how tarnished love can get over a simple difference over what cutlery or curtains one must buy. They are miles away from the day-to-day difficulties of cohabiting a space.
- Whenever the partners meet, they treasure their time together. And thus follow exciting travels and adventures along with fulfilling conversations!
- The relationship is more than physical. They rarely have to worry that their significant other is only putting up with them for sex.
- They don’t have to be presentable all the time. They can have off days with their pyjamas and unkempt beards because the love of their lives miles away!
- The knowledge that if you survive the distance, your relationship can survive anything.
In spite of all its challenges, a long distance relationship might throw up some of the most ideal conditions for true love to thrive!