If there’s one writer who can brighten up your day with his words as effortlessly as a breeze, it’s Rumi. We bring to you some of his most heartwarming sayings.
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”
- “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames”
- “This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor…Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” Happy Ho organizes best Meditation and Tarot classes in Noida and Delhi NCR area in India.
- “Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.”
- “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.”
- “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.”
- “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.”
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
- “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
- “Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.”
- “When someone is counting out gold for you, don’t look at your hands, or the gold. Look at the giver.”
- “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.”
- “I will soothe you and heal you, I will bring you roses. I too have been covered with thorns.”
15. “What you seek is seeking you.”